"Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. " Jeremiah 33:3

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Matthew 7:3

A person with a critical, judgmental spirit is the most unpleasant person you will ever have the misfortune to be around. And if you are that person, you would be shocked to know that everyone else is on to you but you! For the judgmental creature has laser sharp vision to pick up on the faults of others while because of the deception of sin they remain clueless to their own faults.

I was one of those people until the Lord set me free by a truth found in His word. "Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things." Romans 2:1 The truth is that the things that irritate you in others are the very same things you have within yourself. That is hard to swallow but if you are willing to intently look at your natural face in the mirror of God's Word, and you don't just walk away and forget what you saw, if you are willing to do and act on what God's Word says, scripture says that person is blessed. James 1:23-25

Jealousy and envy quite often are the motivating accelerants that fuel the critical spirit. They are unhappy with themselves so they put others down in a vain effort to boost their own ego, all to no avail. No one is immune from being critical of others and I am completely dependent on the Lord to keep me from slipping back particularly when I am feeling down on myself. That is the time that I quote out loud; "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1 The truth will dispel a lie any time!!

The Lord revealed the real condition of my heart when I read "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick." Jeremiah 17:9 Our hearts are desperately sick, because of sin we are capable of anything, yes, anything and it is only by the grace of God that we as His children have been set free from the death grip of sin! Now when I have a critical thought regarding another I have only to remember my own sin and the truth of my condition, who am I to judge the servant of another?

We have been set free; free to to obey Christ's commandment to love the Lord our God with all our heart and with all our soul and with all our mind and with all our strength. And love your neighbor as yourself. Loving beats judging hands down!

No comments:

Post a Comment