"Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. " Jeremiah 33:3

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Learn the unforced rhythms of grace

For longer than I would like to admit I used to separate my days into blocks of time; quiet time which is time spend in prayer and reading the Word of God, time that was mine to fill as I pleased, time for family, time for friends, time for work and time for the Lord's work. Then the Word opened my eyes to the life of my Lord Jesus Christ; He too had time alone with His heavenly Father sometimes continuing all night, but when He rose up from His knees He didn't leave the Father behind. No, He took the Father with Him everywhere He went, in everything He did. Even in the seemingly mundane walks on the dusty back roads of Israel, from one city to another.  Jesus knew the presence of the Father when He delivered the sermon on the mountain, when He healed the blind, the deaf, the mute, lepers, women, men and children, as He cast out demons from people, as He raised the dead; His friend Lazarus, the widow's only son, and the child of Jairus the ruler. The Father was with Him when he fed the 5000, and when He spoke one on one with the woman at Jacob's well, The Father was with Him when He suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane, and He was with Him when He raised His only Son from the dead. Jesus knew the presence of the Father through struggles and triumphs, in pain and in joy, in sorrow and sadness, that relationship was under-girding it all! How much more do I need to practice the presence of Jesus in my life 24/7. His words speak to me; "Walk with Me and work with Me-watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace..." Matthew 11:29

No comments:

Post a Comment