"Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. " Jeremiah 33:3

Thursday, September 22, 2011

"He got right up and went home to his father. When he was still a long way off, his father saw him. His heart pounding, he ran out, embraced him and kissed him." Luke 15:20

I have always loved the story of the prodigal son, what insight we are given into the loving, forgiving heart of our precious Lord!! What a comfort to know that God never ever leaves us, He is for us and not against us and nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus, hallelujah!! Unfortunately I can attest to the truth of those promises for I was a prodigal, I thought I knew better than God what to do with my life and it ended in a train wreck. Some of us have to squander everything we have, before we come to the end of ourselves. What we don't realize is the whole time we are off doing our own thing, the God of all creation is watching us and not only watching us but watching over us. Yes our Lord is watching out for us just as the father of the prodigal was! Of course when we are living our lives with self on the throne, our thoughts are not on our heavenly Father. Some prodigals learn how much they need and miss their Father quickly, others take years to come back not because they don't long for their Lord, they do but they believe Satan's lie that God won't welcome them back. That was me. Then gently, lovingly the Lord began wooing me back to Him, through His Word, the Bible. He was not condemning, not condoning, just loving me and holding me in His forgiving arms, just like the prodigal son. I didn't know love like that existed but now I do, I have been forgiven much and my love for Him is over-flowing. Don't ever believe that you are beyond God's reach, don't ever believe the lie that God will not forgive you and won't welcome you back. His eyes are on you right now, He has never turned His back on you, not for one second. Turn to Him now, today when you hear His voice, please don't harden your heart. Run, don't walk into His loving arms that are full of grace and mercy. Cry out His name and before you finish, He will be with you...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Lord that you are so loving, so kind, and so merciful.

    ReplyDelete