"Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. " Jeremiah 33:3

Monday, September 19, 2011

"I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all He has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice, the kind He will find acceptable." Romans 12:1

What does it mean to be living and holy sacrifices, to be totally, completely devoted to the LORD? I am a visual person so when I think of total surrender and what that might look like, I think of things over which we have no control, sky diving, bungee jumping or those extreme divers who dive off of cliffs 30 stories high into the ocean. Is that why many people who call themselves Christians are reluctant to surrender all to God, they don't trust Him enough to yield all control? I do know it is not for the timid or the meek, you don't test the waters with your toe and ease in gradually. The surrendered life is not for those who are content to sit on the sidelines watching others, not wishing to get involved themselves. But for those who know the LORD, that know His Word it doesn't appear all that dangerous for they know the truth namely that God is Absolute Sovereign over all and that includes us, we just believed the lie that we had control. Are you willing to dive head first into the River of His Delights, can you feel the exhilaration as you are enveloped by the cool water? Now, listen very closely, can you hear the quiet, can you feel the stillness? The stillness is there to remind us of His Peace and to remind us that He alone is God, that there is absolutely nothing that is beyond His control, all the worries and cares that loomed so large in our minds are washed away in His presence. Spend this time daily in the River of His Delights; "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine! When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they will not overflow you." Isaiah 43:1-2 Are you ready to dive in, are you ready to surrender all to the One who loves you and gave Himself for you? Don't let anyone or anything keep you from Jesus, He is waiting with open arms, dive right in.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! The refreshing peace that comes from surrendering to the will of our Creator is so much better than the futility of trying to control my own life. God loves us so much! I love that He is sovereign and in control!

    ReplyDelete