"Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. " Jeremiah 33:3

Friday, September 23, 2011

"Jesus answered, "You're off base on two counts: You don't know your Bibles, and you don't know how God works." Matthew 22:29

Years and years ago my pastor at the time said something I will never forget; "You will never know Jesus better than you know His Word, the Bible." At the time I really didn't have a clue exactly what he meant but the Lord burned it into my memory, that is how important the Word of God is to a believer in Christ. Our bibles are the revealed heart, will, purpose, of our infinite God, and we His creation are finite therefore when we study God's Word we must ask for understanding to grasp the wonder of this Holy Book. "Call to Me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things that you do not know." Jeremiah 33:3. What an incredible invitation from our Creator, ask Me and I will reveal Myself to you, I will take you places in the pages of this book that you never even knew existed! I will begin at the beginning and make known to you the end of the world as you now know it! Only a fool would ignore this precious Book that God has provided His children. His Book is alive, and the words contained within it give life, and hope, peace and joy and most important of all they reveal the Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ! The Word of God is a gift of God's amazing grace that is beyond measure, it gives to those who seek and is the only mirror that we should ever concern ourselves with, because it reveals not only our Lord but our true selves as we immerse ourselves in the truth of it's pages. All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction and for training in righteousness. His invitation stands; Call to Me and I will show you... O taste and see that the Lord is good, nothing else will ever satisfy like He does, Lord make us a people of one Book. Caution: the Bible is highly addictive, but all the side effects are good!!

1 comment:

  1. I agree! God's word is powerful and has changed my life many times. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete