"Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. " Jeremiah 33:3

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

"Is this not the reason you are mistaken, that you do not understand the Scriptures or the power of God." Mark 12:24

Over 30 years ago a pastor told me, "you will never know Jesus Christ any better than you know His word." I have passed this word of wisdom on ever since. Unless we are content to live on the fringes of the abundant life that Christ promised, daily reading and meditating on the Word of God and prayer are absolute musts. We are only deceiving ourselves if we think we can grow and mature in Christ any other way. God's invitation to, "Call to Me and I will show you great and mighty things that you do not know." is open to all who have ears to hear and His promises are true! My time in God's Word the Bible will always be the most sacred times with my Lord that I have! Every day He takes me by the hand and leads me through the scriptures and these times grow sweeter every day. How can that be? I read a quote once from a lady named Cora MacIlravy who lived in the 19th century it read in part; "The smallest light I get out of any part of the Word of God, is that which I receive the first time I come to it in meditation; and every time I come to it afterward, I receive more and more light." That is true as untold numbers of believers have learned. Jesus prayed to the Father to sanctify His disciples and all who would come to have faith in Him that the Father would sanctify them in His truth; Your Word is truth." John 17:16 Our minds are fearfully and wonderfully made by the Creator, guard what goes into them; tv, the internet, can fill our minds with untruths, and we don't even know it if we do not have the Truth within us. You don't recognize a counterfeit by comparing it with counterfeit the Secret Service trains using genuine, real money to be able to spot that which is not. When you daily saturate your mind with the truth of God's Word your mind is renewed and you will not be fooled by that which is false. Ask yourself, what do I really know about Jesus Christ, is it just what I have been taught or have you discovered for yourself the truth about Him in His Word? Are you content with what you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment