"Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. " Jeremiah 33:3

Thursday, September 15, 2011

"In the morning O LORD, You will hear my voice ; In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch." Psalm 5:3

I love the quiet before dawn's first light, while all is still in the house and outside even the birds have yet to sing, this is the time I spend with my LORD. At first I whisper a prayer for understanding as I open His Word and listen with spiritual ears to what He will speak to me today. One particular morning He gently reminded me to be wary of the thorns; cares, worries, riches, pleasures of this life. These things choke the Word and keep us from bearing mature fruit, Luke 8:14. Then a command to "declare how much God has done for you." Luke 8:39 That is our testimony, each one of us has a testimony and as we share we remind ourselves how very much we have to be thankful for and it encourages others and brings glory to God. Yes LORD, is the reply of my heart. Reading on in Luke 8 verse 46 stands out; Jesus said,"Someone did touch Me for I was aware that power had gone out of Me." The woman that touched the hem of Jesus garment was in reality touching Jesus with her faith! Our faith in Jesus is what connects us to the power of God, no matter what the need is. Countless times in intercessory prayer I have touched Jesus with my faith for the needs of others; healing, wisdom, salvation, whatever the need is. I pause in my reading and pray for others now. Then in Luke 8:54-55 Jesus reveals His power over life and death; we come into this world when God wills and at His command we leave it! Psalm 139:16 says; "You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in Your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." God is Absolute Sovereign, according to His will we come into the world and according to His will we leave it. The moment we close our physical eyes in death, the born again believer in Jesus Christ knows that when the spiritual eyes open we will behold His face, and so be with Him for all of eternity!! To live is Christ, to die is gain. What are you doing tomorrow morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment