"Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. " Jeremiah 33:3

Friday, March 9, 2012

"Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart; for I am called by Your name, O LORD, God of hosts." Jeremiah 15:16 NASB

Today's Title verse is my life verse. For my Lord leads me to His Word and I devour it. And now His Words, Scripture, is the joy and delight of my heart! I am so thankful to be called by God, not because I earned it, far from it, but because it pleased God to do so! Speaking of me, one godly young lady in my church told her husband, when she talks about the Word she is absolutely giddy! Guilty as charged!

Today I was thinking about how I would like my life to look in the remaining time that I have left on planet Earth. It has nothing to do with age, the truth for everyone of us is, before we were born God wrote down in a book the number of our days, Psalm 139:16.

Billy Graham has been quoted as saying; "Finding God's purpose for your life and doing it is one of life's greatest joys!" Amen!

God has a plan for each person that is born, and just as none of us is alike, so too are His plans all unique to us. "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 NLT.

First and foremost I desire to keep the greatest commandment and the second. "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Matthew 22:37,39.

A life characterized by confessing Jesus Christ as Lord to all, saved and lost alike. Sharing the Good News of the gospel of Jesus Christ thus fulfilling Jesus last spoken command on earth; "You will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses..." Acts 1:8.

Always striving to "excel still more" 1 Thessalonians 4:1,10. Filled with zeal in keeping His commandments; Ezra 7:23. On fire for God in serving Him; "Never lag in zeal and in earnest endeavor; be aglow and burning with the Spirit, serving the Lord." Romans 12:11 Amplified.

My prayer is to live a life that is obedient to Christ and to His commands. "If you love Me, you will keep my commandments. He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him." John 14:15,21.

My goal is to be able to say as my Lord Jesus said to His Father, the words of John 17:4; "I glorified You on the earth, having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do."

John 17:4 is also my prayer for each and every member of my family for I know that if they glorify God and accomplish the purpose He has for their individual lives that they will have lives full of meaning, purpose, joy, peace, sacrifice, grace and goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment