"Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. " Jeremiah 33:3

Thursday, March 22, 2012

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." 2 Timothy 4:7 ESV

Don't you think most believers want to be able to say the same thing that the Apostle Paul said in today's Title scripture? I know I sure do.

The beginning of my race was a mess, I struggled getting out of the gate. I gave my life to Christ and asked Him to forgive my sins and come into my life, I meant it and I know He heard my prayer. What made my beginning a mess was that I was not in church and I was not in the Word of God. I don't mean to make excuses but strange as it may seem I didn't know how important both of those things were to growing and maturing in Christ.

Believing in Jesus Christ for salvation is the beginning, not the end!

Thank God I was never disqualified or yanked out of the race, the Lord took care of that even though I didn't know or realize it at the time. He is always faithful even when we are not. And it was His loving kindness that drew me to His Word and that changed everything! I know I write all the time about how critical it is to read the Word of God and spend time with Him everyday and I make no apologies for it because if you aren't in the Bible you don't know Jesus, you don't know His plan for you, you are ignorance of His promises and His ways!

God gave us His Word, to enlighten our minds, to bring us out of darkness into His glorious light, to speak truth so that we would know the truth and His truth sets us free from the power of sin in our lives.

"Every Scripture is God breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, and for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God's will in thought, purpose and action), so that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16 AMP.

Back to the race, Jesus never gives up on His own, once you are wearing His colors and you belong in His stable, you belong to Him forever and no one can ever take you away from Him!

I have no idea when my race will end, none of us do, but I have made up my mind to finish this race well! I want to delight the Lord Jesus because of His everlasting love for me, His care, mercy, forgiveness and faithfulness take my breath away. I want to "excel still more every day remaining in the race set before me and I will for God is with me!

I realize it would have been easier to follow if I had made it a people race, but what can I say, I've always loved horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment