"Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. " Jeremiah 33:3

Saturday, March 3, 2012

"Dear friends, don't be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot do any more to you after that. But I'll tell you whom to fear. Fear God, who has the power to kill you and then throw you into hell. Yes, He is the one to fear." Luke 12:4-5 NLT

If a person has a physical problem there are a plethora of doctors who are experts in their own fields; pediatrics, orthopedics, obstetrics, plastic surgery, geriatrics, gastrointestinal, and I'm stopping now because I think I may have misspelled some of these already and I'm sure you get the picture anyway. Sometimes all we need to do to start feeling better is to exercise, get moving and that not only helps physical problems but emotional problems as well. The Lord taught me that one time in my life when I was emotionally shot, I started exercising and it truly helped my outlook.

Beautiful music and beautiful words can touch our minds and hearts for good. Unfortunately, hate filled music and lustful words can do great harm in our minds and hearts. That is why we are told in Scripture, Philippians 4:8, "Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things."

When it comes to a persons soul health well, God alone has purview over our soul. Our soul is spirit and it is that part of us, that is created in the image of God, for God is spirit. And at death the body dies, and that which was dust returns to dust. But the soul of man lives forever, it never dies. If you are a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, then you will spend eternity with Him! Even if you reject Christ your soul will live forever but you will spend eternity separated from Jesus, in Hell. Because you made the choice to reject Him.

In the Psalms we read over and over that the Lord restores our soul. In Isaiah chapter 58 He revives our soul. Psalm 142, He brings our soul out of prison, in Psalm 143, my soul longs for the LORD. The LORD strengthens our soul, He delights our soul, He fills our soul with joy, He fills our soul with hope and peace.

Fear and hold in reverent awe He that creates a soul, who alone can save a soul, or cast it away from Him forever. The LORD God is His name!

No comments:

Post a Comment