"Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. " Jeremiah 33:3

Friday, March 16, 2012

"They were glorifying God because of me." Galatians 1:24 NASB

This morning in my quiet time the Lord drew my attention to today's title verse and as I considered the verse the Spirit brought other scriptures to my mind that gave me clarity and understanding of today's verse. Would you please read the title verse and ask yourself what I asked myself; is my life causing anyone to glorify God?

Is that what our lives are supposed to do, bring glory to God? Well, yes! "Bring all who claim Me as their God, for I have made them for My glory. It was I who created them." Isaiah 43:7 NLT.

Now that we know that we were created to bring God glory how do we do that? Jesus answered that question in Matthew 5:16; "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven." We must be careful of how we let our light shine that is what the "in such a way" refers to.

Jesus came down hard on the Pharisees because they did works to be seen by men, to receive glory unto themselves from men! There is a verse in Matthew 6:1 that warns about this attitude and in the Message it reads like this; "Be especially careful when you are trying to be good so that you don't make a performance out of it. It might be good theater, but the God who made you won't be applauding."

Do you realize that you are priceless in God's eyes? You are priceless because God bought you for Himself and He paid an exorbitant price for you with the death, burial and resurrection of His only begotten Son, the Lord Jesus Christ! And what that means is you and I don't belong to ourselves, to live for ourselves, we belong to God and we live in and for Christ. "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NASB.

We also bring glory to God when we, in obedience to Him, do what He tells us to do! "...they will glorify God for your obedience..." 2 Corinthians 9:13.

"Fear God," he shouted. "Give glory to Him. For the time has come when He will sit as judge. Worship Him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea, and all the springs of water." Revelation 14:7 NLT.

Amen. Glory to God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment