"Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. " Jeremiah 33:3

Monday, November 7, 2011

"Jesus answered and said to her, If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water." John 4:10 NASB continued

Continued from Saturday's post on November 5th. John chapter 4.

11a. (verse 19) As Jesus reveals her sinful state to her, she begins to really "see" this Rabbi she has been talking to. She now believes He is a prophet. Life application; The closer I get to Holy Jesus the more aware I become of my own sinful state, but not in a condemning way.
11b. (verse 19) The dialogue begins in earnest, seeking has begun on the woman's part. God initiates and then we are free to speak.
12. (verses 21-24) Jesus reveals spiritual truths regarding worship and the Father. Jesus doesn't speak to the woman in parables but as He does to His disciples. In effect Jesus is treating her as one who has been given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven. Supporting scripture Matthew 13:11; "Jesus answered them, To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted." Life application; Worship, true worship is not possible with out knowing the truth of Who you are worshiping. Life application; The part of me that is created in God's image is my spirit, God is spirit and it is my spirit that truly worships Him. (Beware of any fleshly shows in worship)
13. ( vs 26) Jesus clearly, plainly reveals Himself as Messiah, He who is called the Christ!!! As far as scripture is concerned this is the first time Jesus reveals Himself with His true identity Messiah and it is to a sinful Samaritan woman! Life application; When I share Jesus with someone, I must never allow prejudices or traditions of man to get in the way!
14. (vs 27) Jesus own disciples wondered why He was speaking to the Samaritan woman, yet none of them would dare question Him. Life application; I have so very, very much to learn from my Lord Jesus and I learn through the Scriptures! Why did He speak with her? First and foremost because the Father had given her to Jesus. Supporting scripture John 10:29; "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand." And secondly look at what a bold witness she is...
15. (verses 28-30) She immediately leaves her waterpot (she doesn't care about that water, she has just tasted of the Living Water) and goes into the city and tells all the men, "Come, see a man who told me all the things that I have done; this is not the Christ, is it?" She was so persuasive that people followed her out of the city to Jesus. Life application; When we know Jesus, two things should follow; worship and witnessing! Supporting scriptures; "Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him, and He is the one who is talking with you. And he said, "Lord, I believe." And he worshiped Him."" John 9:37-38. "You will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses..." Acts 1:8.


16. (verses 31-34) Jesus told His disciples that He has food to eat that they don't know about. They are confused and He explains to them; "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to accomplish His work." Wow!! Life application; Living and walking in God's will is nourishment to my soul!
17. (verses 35-38) God's harvest field of lost souls has never been whiter, they are ready for harvesting. Are you sowing, watering, or reaping? Already God's workers are receiving wages and gathering fruit for eternal life. Supporting scripture, 1 Corinthians 3:7-8; "So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but God who causes the growth. Now he who plants and he who waters are one; but each will receive his own reward according to his own labor."
18. (vs 39) Many believed in Jesus because of the Samaritan woman's testimony about Him. If we are believers in Jesus Christ we too have the testimony within us, we too have a story to tell about what Jesus is doing in our lives. Life application; May I share with you what Jesus Christ has done in my life? Supporting scripture 1 John 5:10; "The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself..."
19. (vs 40) The witness of a single, sinful, Samaritan woman yielded a two day harvest for Jesus Christ! Jesus remained there for two days, preaching and teaching. Life application; I have the testimony of what Jesus Christ is doing in my life, how many lives could I impact for the Kingdom of God? Lord I want to be active in Your harvest fields, open doors of opportunity for me, grant me divine appointments. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
20. (verses 41-42) Many believed because of the woman's testimony, then when they heard the words of Jesus they discovered for themselves and knew that Jesus, this One is indeed the Savior of the world! Life application; My testimony can bring them to Jesus, and His Words, the Scriptures can take them all the way to know Jesus, and to understand for themselves that He is indeed the Savior of the World!!!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! These life application lessons were great reminders for me to submit to the leading of the Holy Spirit today. Jesus is my focus as I live today.

    ReplyDelete