"Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. " Jeremiah 33:3

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds." Matthew 16:27 NASB

Deed, from the Greek ergon; to do, work, action, behavior, effectual, labor, task.

Jesus spoke of this judgment of deeds that is coming in John 3:19-21; "This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds would be exposed. But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God."

If you have put your faith and trust in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, then your sins are forgiven, because in Christ they are taken away, never again to be remembered by God. There will not be a judgment for sins in the body of Christ, the church, for Jesus Christ is our propitiation.

There is a judgment for deeds, and as the title scripture says, the Son of Man will repay every man. It reads this way in the Amplified version; "For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory (majesty, splendor) of His Father with His angels, and then He will render account and reward every man in accordance with what he has done."

We are given insight as to what this accounting for deeds looks like in the book of Revelation. Jesus Christ in His resurrected, glorified body sends seven letters to the churches in various locations and His summations of their deeds apply to the church today in 2011 in various locations around the world. Please carefully and prayerfully read the following, asking God to reveal to you which apply to your life. Because of space I won't write out all of them but I will list the references so that you can read them for yourself.

Revelation 2:2-5 "I know your deeds and your toil and perseverance, and that you cannot tolerate evil men, and you put to the test those who call themselves apostles, and they are not, and you found them to be false; and you have perseverance and have endured for My name's sake, and have not grown weary. But I have this against you, that you have left your first love. Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first..."

Revelation 2:9-10 "I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich)... Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to cast some of you into prison, so that you will be tested, and you will have tribulation for ten days. Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life."

Revelation 2:13-16
Revelation 2:19-23 "All the churches will know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts; and I will give to each one of you according to your deeds."

Revelation 3:1-3 "...I know your deeds, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead. Wake up, and strengthen the things that remain, which were about to die; for I have not found your deeds completed in the sight of My God. So remember what you have received and heard; and keep it, and repent. Therefore if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come to you."

Revelation 3:8,10 "I know your deeds. Behold I have put before you an open door which no one can shut, because you have a little power, and have kept My word, and have not denied My name. Because you have kept the word of My perseverance, I also will keep you from the hour of testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth."

Revelation 3:15-17, 19 "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot, I wish that you were cold or hot. So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth. Because you say, I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing, and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked. Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent."

"He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

Please pray for the body of Christ around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment