"Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. " Jeremiah 33:3

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"Yet we have the same spirit of faith as he had who wrote, I have believed, and therefore have I spoken. We too believe, and therefore we speak." 2 Corinthians 4:13 AMP

When I was pregnant with my first son Tony, I meet a girl named Elaine in the prenatal class, we really hit it off and became good friends. She had her daughter the same day that I had Tony! She knew that I liked to read and she gave me a book called The Late Great Planet Earth by Hal Lindsey. I read it, actually devoured it would be more accurate and I surrendered my life to Christ Jesus and was gloriously born again!

Would you like to know what I did next? I called my friend Elaine and the first words out of my mouth were, "Are you born again, are you a believer in Jesus Christ?" She replied  "yes I am."  To which I replied, "Why didn't you tell me about Jesus?" She said "I gave you the book!" How is that for gratitude on my part? 

She never forgot that and neither have I and it taught us both a valuable lesson! How can we call ourselves a friend if we know the Lord Jesus and never share Him with others?   How can we keep Jesus a secret from the people around us that don't know Him? Are our hearts so hard, so callous that we can be indifferent towards others and God forbid, indifferent towards our Lord?

I remember reading one time a fictious short letter from a person that had died and gone to hell and they were writing to their "friend" who also had died and was now in heaven. It was chilling and extremely convicting. It had no authors name on it, I assume so each one who read it could know deep in their heart that if they were honest, they could be the one in heaven whose "friend" was now in hell because they didn't care enough about them to share the gospel!

Most important of all what would could we say to Jesus when we gaze into His face and He asks us, "why didn't you take advantage of the opportunities I gave you to share Me with others?" 

There is not much we can do about the opportunities we squandered but we can resolve in our hearts that beginning today we will obedient to the leading of the Holy Spirit and not miss any opportunity to show our love for Jesus and our love for the lost by sharing the gospel. 

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes." Romans 1:16 NASB


No comments:

Post a Comment