"Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. " Jeremiah 33:3

Thursday, April 19, 2012

THE HEART OF GOD

I had lunch with a dear friend today and she said okay you wrote about the hands of God and the eyes of God, I expected more, aren't you going to write any more? So I came home and it came to me to write about the Heart of God. Just thinking of that overwhelms me, but I can at least write about a few things that we know from Scripture that reveal God's heart. It will just be the very tip of the iceberg!  Someone once said that the Bible is more than words on paper it is God's love letter to mankind, I love that!! 

I wrote one time that the Bible is God's heart revealed and I still maintain that. Whatever else it is;  it is the joy of my  heart, the passion of my life, my teacher, my light, my transformation, for in Scripture I discovered Jesus Christ, I heard the Gospel, I believed in Jesus Christ and confessed Him as my Lord, I know God raised Him from the dead and He lives, He intercedes for me in prayer and one day soon He is coming back to call forth His own and the dead in Christ will rise first and then we who are alive  will be caught up in the air and will always be with Him! Maranatha!

God is eternal the self existing One
"In the beginning God..." Genesis 1:1

"O LORD God of hosts, who is like You, O mighty LORD? Your faithfulness also surrounds You. Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne; Lovingkindness and truth go before You." Psalm 89:8,14

"Before the mountains were born or You gave birth to the earth and the world. Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God." Psalm 90:2

God has made Himself known to all 
"The heavens declare His righteousness, For God Himself is judge." Psalm 50:6

"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

God's Son, God's Spirit
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control." Galatians 5:22-23

God's Holiness
"Thus you are to be holy to Me, for I the LORD am holy; and I have set you apart from the peoples to be Mine."  Leviticus 20:26

God's Lovingkindness
"The LORD's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

God's Love
"Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

No comments:

Post a Comment