"Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. " Jeremiah 33:3

Friday, January 13, 2012

"So Jesus said to the Twelve, "Do you want to go away as well?" John 6:67 ESV

It is still the beginning of 2012 not too late to determine ahead of time what place Jesus Christ will have in our lives this year. We must be intentional about that if we desire to grow in the wisdom and knowledge of our Lord. It won't just magically happen, we must choose, I want to love Him more in 2012 than I ever have at any other time in my life and I know that to love Him more I must be obedient to all He will call me to do. No avoiding, no turning away simply follow where He leads.

The above title verse takes place on the occasion when many of Christ's followers were leaving Him because they didn't want to go where He was leading them, His words were difficult to understand. They weren't leaving Him to choose a life of sin, but they were not willing to walk with Him any longer.

In the life of every believer there are times when we come face to face with Jesus and His commands and we just say no thank you, I'm not ready for that yet. We think everything is going fine, I'm in church, even in Bible study, everything is great, and Jesus confronts you with something you have been avoiding and you turn away.

This year is the year of evangelism in the Bible study that I am connected with and while it is exciting for some, others feel totally out of their comfort zone. Many prayers are going up in regards to this harvest field adventure, each one will have a decision to make either we are obedient to the command to be His witnesses or we choose to walk away.

I am praying that all involved will ignore their fear and trust God. We have walked with Him long enough to know that He is good, and that He does what He says He will do, and deep in our hearts we know that nothing and no one will ever satisfy like He does. Or we simply decide the price is too high and we walk away. Lord I pray for boldness for the body of Christ this year, the fields have never been whiter and I have a vision of your people, shoulder to shoulder working in Your harvest field.

Remember the Scripture, "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves. When they hand you over, do not worry about how or what you are to say; for it will be given you in that hour what you are to say. For it is not you who speak, but it is the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you." Matthew 10:16, 19-20.

No comments:

Post a Comment