"Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. " Jeremiah 33:3

Monday, January 30, 2012

"The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderfulesults. Never stop praying." James 5: 16 NLT, 1 Thessalonians 5:17 NLT

My constant prayer for my family members; sons, spouses, grandchildren, and yet to be born great-grandchildren and extended family members brother, spouse, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins etc has never changed in the last 40 years. I pray that they will love the Lord Jesus Christ with all of their heart, mind and soul, that they will be born again, sins forgiven and eternal life secure through belief in Jesus Christ!

And along with the prayer for salvation I pray that God would give each one an overwhelming love for His Word the Bible! Because a hunger and thirst for the Word of God is a gift, and the Lord blessed me with this overwhelmingly beautiful gift and knowing how it has changed my life for good in every way, I of course want that for those I love. I have believed in Jesus Christ for most of my life but it wasn't until the Lord drew me lovingly into His Word that my walk with Him truly began, at least on my end.

To know the Word of God is to know Jesus Christ, to know His Word is to trust and have faith in Him, to know His Word is to truly experience that intimate relationship with Him that is in many ways completely indescribable, you have to experience it for yourself to know fully what I am talking about. If you don't know the Word of God you don't really know Jesus Christ, and that is the truth!

To know and meditate on Gods Word daily will transform your mind and change your life forever. To read Gods Word daily and do what it tells you to do is to experience the abundant life Jesus talked about. To meditate, believe in and apply the Word is to be set free from fear, doubt and unbelief! To know Gods Word is to grow in godly wisdom that confounds the wisdom of the world. Scripture encourages, teaches, and rebukes you and it will take your breath away, not just once but over and over and over!

And that is why I will never quit praying for all of my family members, many of whom have been born again, Praise God!!! And countless others that the Lord has put on my heart, some friends, casual acquaintances and even total strangers. Life is so very short and eternity is, well, forever! Please keep praying for your loved ones, for the total strangers God has put on your heart, don't give up, never quit, a soul is hanging in the balance. If you don't pray for them then who will?

No comments:

Post a Comment