"Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. " Jeremiah 33:3

Monday, October 3, 2011

"Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart; for I am called by Your name, O LORD, God of hosts." Jeremiah 15:16

The verse above, Jeremiah 15:16 is my life verse; Gods Word is to me a joy and the delight of my heart and I would like to share with you some of my times in Gods Word. Come take a stroll with me I love walking through the Bible with others.

It doesn't matter if you have never studied Gods Word, or if you have been a serious student for over 50 years, there is always more to know, more to learn and more wonders to discover!!

Gods Word is alive and He watches over it to perform it, don't let it collect dust, open it, allow it to sink down inside of you and you will never, ever be the same again!

To know Jesus Christ requires an experiential, solo journey. No one can substitute or take your place, God demands you and your time, because as unbelievable as it seems He longs to reveal Himself to you! You were created to share an intimate relationship with your Creator and Lord. And His name is Emmanuel; God with us.

When I meet with the Lord in His word it is different every time; some days are like slow easy strolls with Him through a rolling green meadow. The sun is warm on my face, the breeze is gentle and cool, I am refreshed in His presence, I am comforted by His love.

Other times the Lord holds fast to my hand because the way is difficult, my footing is unsure and I am very frightened. His word is encouraging to me and I am strengthened in His presence, and I know I am safe, for God is with me, a mighty Warrior!

Then there are the times when I feel that I am all alone, the only thing I see is my own reflection in the mirror of Gods word and I hate what I see, I am filled with godly sorrow. I cry out to God and He hears me and forgives me and He restores me with His love and grace.
In Gods presence I am changed from being a badly bruised reed to a strong vibrant, healthy branch again, made possible because I am connected to Jesus the Vine. I learned all about abiding when I meditated on John 15:1-17.

Those times when I am seeking Him with all of my heart in His word, when I am longing for the Lover of my soul, that is when He takes me places that I didn't even know existed. He gives me understanding and I am never so alive or so in love as I am in those shared moments. When we delight ourselves in the Lord, He gives us the desires of our heart and I have discovered that He, the Lord Jesus Christ is the desire of my heart!! Satisfaction is found in God alone. He is the only One who fills the empty place in each one of us.

On other occasions in the Word, I picture myself in the throne room of God sitting at Abba's feet. I cry over losses in my life, over failures, God is the only one that truly understands , He is the One who comforts me and He wipes away every tear that falls. He is my Shelter in the storms of life, He makes me smile, He thrills my soul.

Often times in the Word, prayer is prompted as God prepares us for trials that surely come in this life. Very soon I will be caught up in a storm, the horizon holds only angry, black, rolling clouds, lightning bolts light up the sky and the thunder is so loud I can feel it in my chest. O God, I cry for You to deliver me from the storm and You gently remind me that You are in the storm with me, God is always with us in good times and bad and He will never forsake us. Thank the Lord for His word that prepares us for storms,that reminds us of how Great He is, and His everlasting love for His children.

Gods word is a treasure that you can't afford to ignore...

No comments:

Post a Comment