"Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. " Jeremiah 33:3

Thursday, October 20, 2011

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts; And see if there be any hurtful way in me..." Psalm 139:23-24

People that go for an annual physical do so in part because they want to monitor their overall health. Most of the major health concerns, cancer for instance; if caught early there is a greater chance of beating it, before it spreads to other organs, etc. So to have an annual checkup is a good thing.

Using the same rational should we not go for a spiritual checkup to monitor our overall growth or lack thereof? For this type of checkup there is only One expert the Great Physician, the LORD God. We go to see Him in His office located in the third heaven and as busy as He is there is never any waiting, no need for an appointment! We have as much time with Him as we want, all day if necessary, but just a reminder don't you do all the talking after all you are coming for His wisdom, His diagnosis, and His treatment plan so intentionally listen to Him! And of course, be obedient to do what He tells you to do.

In any checkup there is information you need to fill out before seeing the doctor, so please take your time, read the following carefully and answer each question honestly, after all God already knows everything about you. Filling out the form is more for your enlightenment. Your privacy is protected, this is just between you and the LORD.

1. Do I love the Lord Jesus Christ more today than at any other time in my life?
2. Have I honestly grown in the wisdom and knowledge of God?
3. Am I walking in a manner that is pleasing in His sight?
4. Am I bearing fruit in every good work?
5. Is Christ first in my life?
6. If not where does he rank? (If you are unsure, check how you spend your time and how you spend your money.)
7. Do I meet with the Lord in the morning for Bible reading and prayer?
8. Every day?
9. Is the Word of God (Bible) transforming my mind, ridding it of worldly ways and lies?
10. Am I sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ with those that do not know Him?
11. When was the last time?
12. What was their name?
13. Am I staying in touch with them, or am I praying for them?
14. Has my service for God, taken priority over time spent with Him alone?
15. What are the idols in my life, those things that I spend my time and money on?
16. Do I have Jesus' heart for the lost, for the hurting, for the poor, for the suffering?
17. What do I do to show I have Jesus' heart for these?
18. Do the people that I work with, that I know through sporting events etc., know I am a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ?
19. Am I obedient to the Word of God when it costs me something? Am I obedient?
20. Am I ashamed of the gospel and Jesus Christ when I am in a group of non believers, don't answer too quickly, silence denotes shame.

Please don't condemn yourself if this is convicting you, because remember what God says in Romans 8:1; "There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." And 2 Corinthians 7:10; "For the that sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret..." So let this form reveal to you areas that you need to take to the Great Physician and He will welcome you with open arms, forgive you and counsel you as to what action you need to take. God loves you with a love that is absolutely unconditional and He wants the very best for your life and that includes removing those things from our lives that hurt us and keep us from Him. God is for you, He is your greatest encourager!

No comments:

Post a Comment