"Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. " Jeremiah 33:3

Saturday, October 15, 2011

"Yes, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit, so you can identify people by their actions." Matthew 7:20. continued from post on 10-14

John chapter 15 is full of life applications; John 15:2; "... every branch that does bear fruit He prunes that it may bear more fruit." When I bear fruit the Lord will remove everything from my life that is undesirable and not profitable in order that I may bear even more fruit.

John 15:5; "I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in Me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing." When I stay connected to Jesus by abiding in Him; in His Word and in prayer then I bear much fruit, unconnected to my Source Jesus Christ no fruit will be evident.

John 15:8; "By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be My disciples." When I have the fruit of righteousness evident in my life my heavenly Father is glorified and I can know that I truly am a disciple of Jesus Christ and so will others.

Matthew 3:8; "Bear fruit in keeping with repentance." True repentance is turning from sin and choosing to follow God and His commandments. The fruit will involve a changed life that is noticeable and sometimes dramatic. Acts 26:20 referring to the message of the Good News says in part; "that all must repent of their sins and turn to God and prove they have changed by the good things they do."

Fruit is also included in some intercessory prayers from the Word of God. Colossians 1:10; "so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God." Philippians 1:10-11; "so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God."

James 3:18 NASB; "And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace." "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." Matthew 5:9.

I have always loved the following verse! John 4:36; "The harvesters are paid good wages, and the fruit they harvest is people brought to eternal life. What joy awaits both the planter and the harvester alike!"

What better way to end our brief look into fruit as it appears in the Word of God than to thank and praise Jesus Christ for the gift of righteousness and the fruit of righteousness that blesses others. Hebrews 13:15-16; "Through Him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge His name. Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God."

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the clear definition of pruning! Loved this truth about fruit bearing the last 2 days.

    ReplyDelete