"Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. " Jeremiah 33:3

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

"He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?" Micah 6:8

The Lord has been speaking to me for over a year on the importance of obedience.   Jesus defines love as obedience! "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments." John 14:15. And again, "He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me..." John 14:21.  And again, "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love." John 15:10.  Jesus defines love as obedience!

Obedience brings revelation! I read this sentence in a devotional; If we strive to be completely obedient in the basics, the more complex assignments will become clear.  Why would God reveal more of His Word when we are not walking in obedience to what He has already shown us?  Why indeed. He who is faithful over a little will be entrusted with more.  One of the most glorious promises in Scripture hinges on obedience. "Those who accept My commandments and obey them are the ones who love Me. And because they love Me, My Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them." John 14:21.  Do you want to know Jesus more? Obey His commandments.  Obedience brings revelation!

Obedience requires humility! Our Lord Jesus modeled the way for all believers in regards to both, humility and obedience.  "He gave up His divine privileges; He took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When He appeared in human form, He humbled Himself in obedience to God and died a criminal's death on a cross." Philippians 2:7-8.  Jesus humble obedience is what made it possible for all who believe in Him to have their sins forgiven and have peace with God.  Obedience requires humility!

God desires that we walk with Him, imagine that, and it requires humility and obedience, what a small price to pay for something that is priceless.

1 comment:

  1. I truly agree with obedience.

    It is my wish that all Christians read the Bible as one giant history book, and not one verse here and one verse there.

    Here is another history book,

    Book of Mormon,

    http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/17

    which is history of Native Americans from 600 B.C. to 420 A.D.

    Note that I AM AGAINST THE MORMON CHURCH AND ALL THINGS PERTAINING TO JOSEPH SMITH, but I believe the Book of Mormon as true history, just as I believe the Bible to be true history of Israelites.

    Wu Siu Yan from Hong Kong
    http://wjesus.org

    ReplyDelete