"Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. " Jeremiah 33:3

Saturday, December 10, 2011

"Make vows to the LORD your God and fulfill them; Let all who are around Him bring gifts to Him who is to be feared." Psalm 76:11 NASB

Are you one of those people who make Christmas lists and you spend a great deal of time on each person's gift because you want to make sure that you get just the right thing for each one? Well what do you get the person on your list that already has everything? I have people on my list that fall in that category and I try to get them something that they can't buy, a gift that would mean something to them personally. Maybe a list of the reasons that you love them, this one really takes some time but if it is honest it will be treasured by the recipient.

Look at today's title verse, "bring gifts to Him". We celebrate Gods greatest gift to the world , His only begotten Son Jesus Christ on Christmas Day, what can we give Him?

I've given this considerable thought and here is what I came up with.

The most obvious thing to give back to the One who gave us everything is to be grateful, thanksgiving is becoming to a child of God.

We owe Him our life, we owe Him our praise and our worship. He alone is worthy!

We can give Him our love and it must fit His definition of love, which is, we are obedient to do what He says in His Word. If we claim to love Him, we will do what He tells us to do.

Our love for Him must be with all of our heart, mind and soul. A divided heart is not acceptable in His sight.

We must not only love Him but we must love one another. This one is harder but all we have to remember is that He loved us when we were totally unlovely.

One of the most valuable gifts that any of us have to give is our time. That says I care enough about you, I love you enough that I desire to spend my time with you. I do believe that God is pleased with that gift.

Another gift I thought of involves intercessory prayer; for Israel, for the United States and for the body of Christ around the world, unity.

The last gift I thought about for God was full surrender of my life back to Him. To accomplish His purposes for my life and to bring glory to Him.

What ideas do some of you have out there? I would love to hear what gifts you would bring to our LORD. all of your comments will be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment